The Education Committee meets the first Tuesday of the month to review all the education programs offered at Bentheim Reformed Church. We coordinate with the leaders of the various groups we oversee, come along side them, and provide support and a voice to the Consistory.
Our committee is chaired by our Youth Director, and our Children's Ministry Director is a permanent member. Along with two representatives from the consistory and two members of the congregation we strive to further Gods kingdom by educating our youth and equipping them for life long service in Gods Kingdom.
- Education Classes
- Bible Studies
- Faith Builders is for middle school students in grades 6th, 7th, and 8th.
Faith Builders is a time for 6th-8th grade students to study the Reformed faith by exploring Bible stories and pairing them with important teachings of the faith.
- Cadets calvinistcadets.org
Cadets is an international organization with a local chapter in our church. Boys in 1st through 5th grades are invited to attend and participate in activities that will assist them in building a relationship with God. Cadets meet every other week on Wednesday nights from 6:15 - 8:15 p.m. from September to March. Participants in Cadets can look forward to hands-on projects, lesson times, and special events throughout the year.
- College Group
- Gems Girls Club www.gemssc.org
Girls Everywhere Meeting their Savior, is an international organization with a local chapter in our church. The mission of GEMS Girls' Clubs is to help bring girls into a living, dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ. Girls in 1st through 5th grades are invited to attend and participate in small and large group activities to build relationships with Jesus, adult counselors, and peers. GEMS meets every other week on Wednesday nights from 6:15 - 8:15 p.m. from September to March. Girls will enjoy meeting times full of singing, worship, praise, lessons, games, crafts, and special events.
- Catalyst Jr. High Ministries Catalyst Jr. High Ministries is our program for all students in 6th – 8th grades. We meet on Wednesday Nights (October – March) in the youth room which is located in our church basement. We strive to be a welcoming group and would hope that you’d find a place here to learn more about what it means to follow Christ in your daily life. Our nights are always changing! Once a month, we head to what is called a MOB Night – which is basically a worship night with other area churches. We also do an event night once a month which varies. Regular meetings usually include some crazy games, a lesson, small group time, and food! Since our schedule is so different, please click on our calendar to see what’s up.
- Faith Seekers is for high school students in grades 9th - 12th.
Faith Seekers is a time for the high school students to seek a deeper understanding of the core beliefs of the faith and applying them to everyday life.
- Catalyst High School Ministries Catalyst High School Ministries is our program for all students in 9th – 12th grades. We meet on Sunday Nights (October – March) in the youth room which is located in our church basement. Our goal for our high school ministry would be authentic community – meaning we strive to be a real place where you can explore your faith and grow deeper in your relationship with God – wherever you are/whoever you are.
Our meetings vary also. Typically the first and third Sunday’s are regular meetings. We meet in the youth room for worship, games, food, lesson and a chance to connect with a small group of students. Second Sunday’s we mix it up – anything from a worship night to a scavenger hunt might take place on this night. Fourth Sunday’s our Small Groups meet at leader’s homes for dinner and a Bible Study. Since our schedule is always changing, please check out our calendar and see whats up.
- WOW (Walk Out Worship) 1st-5th grade
Children leave the sanctuary (typically during the offertory) and gather downstairs by grade level to learn about God's word and promises in kid-friendly language. Students hear a message, play whole group games, enjoy cookies and punch, and also meet in small groups to reinforce the message with their peers and teacher. Parents may pick up their children at 11:30 a.m.
- WOW Jr. 2 yrs - Kindergarten
Their experience will be much like the WOW group. Parents may pick up their children after the service at 10:30